Frequently Asked Questions
We suggest two hours for each session, and each is independent of the others.
Part One, taught by Dave Ramsey on DVD, teaches you how to make wise financial decisions based on Scripture.
Part Two of each class session is a small-group discussion. The design of the discussion groups helps you apply the principles to your daily life. Members hold each other accountable, build friendships, and support one another. Since personal finance is 80% behavior, this small-group format ensures that class members realize finance is more than just math.
The video portion of the class is unlimited. However, during the discussion time, break down into 8-12 families, plus a coordinator, for each small group.
The coordinator can work with you to make up that lesson by allowing you to take the video lesson home with you, as long as you return it the following class. There may be a deposit required to borrow a lesson on DVD.
As part of your enrollment package, you will receive:
- All 13 lessons in an audio CD library.
- Dave Ramsey's personal testimony on CD.
- Three months of zero based monthly budgeting forms on CD.
- A financial snapshot progress form.
- A complete set of financial management forms, including samples.
- All 13 fill-in-the-blank FPU lessons to work through with Dave during the classes.
- Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace Revisited book.
- The envelope system.
- Two debit card holders.
- Access to the Member Resource Center online, where you will find helpful financial tools.
- A graduation certificate upon completion of the class.
- Lesson 1: Super Saving
- Lesson 2: Relating with Money
- Lesson 3: Cash Flow Planning
- Lesson 4: Dumping Debt
- Lesson 5: Credit Sharks In Suits
- Lesson 6: Buyer Beware
- Lesson 7: Clause and Effect
- Lesson 8: That's Not Good Enough!
- Lesson 9: Of Mice and Mutual Funds
- Lesson 10: From Fruition To Tuition
- Lesson 11: Working In Your Strengths
- Lesson 12: Real Estate and Mortgages
- Lesson 13: The Great Misunderstanding
The first class session usually takes place approximately two weeks after the final preview session, allowing time to process the enrollments and ship all the class materials.
9. Can my class member get additional assistance, if needed?
For more detailed assistance, Dave Ramsey Certified Counselors offer discounts for one-on-one counseling. For more information on counseling, see the financial counseling section of our website.
10. Who benefits from this program?
Everyone truly benefits from this program!
- Regardless of your age.
- Regardless of your income.
- Regardless of being single, married, or a single parent.
Materials retail for $199. Church families pay $93 plus shipping and handling.
Our guarantee is simply this: "If you do it, it works! If you don't do it, it won't work!" If you work the program, you won't want your money back. If you don't work the program, you don't get your money back.